Saturday, July 04, 2009

4th of July in France

This blog entry is for People to People. It's the 4th of July and I'm in France.

I'm writing this because everyone who is part of People to People is supposed to write a blog entry or something about where they are on the 4th of July.

Everybody has a 4th of July but only the United States has 4th of July for our independence.

I'm part of People of People because my teacher nominated me for it. It is a leadership program where only student leaders who are nominated get to go. I'm going October 12, 2009 to Washington D.C. for a week. And this time I'm lucky, I'm going by myself. No grandparents taking care of me. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait.

Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm going to be eleven. Wow! That was fast. It seems like yesterday I was just in pre-school. Amazing.

Here is a picture of me in Arles, France.

11 comments:

Giulia said...

You're most probably sleeping right now, but you already turned 11!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
It sounds like you People of People experience will be great.. tell us more about it!
I hope to see you (and your grandparents) again soon.
Hugs
Giulia

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Casey!!!

Love, Aunt Joyce and Uncle Ben

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Casey!!!

Love, Aunt Joyce and Uncle Ben

Anonymous said...

oops didn't mean to do that twice, but that's okay...double happy birthday from all of us, Tony and Francesca too!!

nancyhol said...

Hi Casey,

It sounds like you are having a great time in France.

I hope your birthday was lots of fun!

KZ said...

Thank you Julia, Uncle Benny, Aunt Joyce, Tony, Francesca and Nancyhol. Yes I had a good birthday.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday!! You look very handsome in the photo. Love the hat :)

How fantastic that your teacher nominated you to be part of People to People. Sounds like it will be a great learning and growing opportunity, and what fun to go to DC by yourself!

Vicky said...

Casey, you look fantastic in that hat! Very mature. Happy birthday, and we'll talk when you come to DC in October!

Anonymous said...

Happy 11th Birthday to Casey!
And congratulations on being chosen for the Leadership group. You make the perfect candidate for that.
Enjoy your European holiday.
ciao,
chiaro

Deb R said...

Happy Belated Birthday Casey. I'm so proud of you! Have a great time on your travels this summer. We just came back from Italy too. I miss it so much. Make sure to eat plenty of gelato for me. Ciao!

grandma Kim said...

I love the hat!

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.