Sunday, July 12, 2009

A France Mountain Adventure

Last week in France we were in Moustiers and we went in the car for a ride in the mountains. There were several places to stop and each stop we saw something new.

The first stop we saw a beautiful view along with a little black bird. I took this picture of it.


The second stop we saw a rock climber. It was very interesting (but unfortunately we forgot to take a picture.) I was worried that the rock climber was going to fall but then my grandpa told me that the ropes that were tied on to her would keep her from falling. Then I stopped worrying. When she finally got back to the top after walking slowly down backwards, everyone that was watching cheered and clapped. Then finally we took off to our next destination.

The third stop we saw eagles. They were pretty. Through the binoculars you could see every detail of their feathers, their whole wings--just every part of their bodies. I thought they were amazing as they gracefully soared through the air. Then we spotted stairs to go down a spot on the mountain where you could see things better. My grandpa and I went down and I saw my second eagle. We tried to take some pictures of them, but all we got was this but it's still beautiful.


Here's a picture my grandpa took of my grandma and me. For some strange reason, my gramma doesn't like this picture.

On the way home we got really low on gas. I was scared half way to death--that's what I used to say when I was small. But what I say know is "I was scared half to death." If we ran out of gas on those mountains, there was no chance of getting back home. Good thing we made it to a gas station.

If you ever go to Moustiers, I hope you get to do and not do something of these things.

And now, I'm in Italy. I'll be posting soon.

Bye--Everyone

1 comment:

Chiocciola said...

Wow, those photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us. And I am glad you had enough gas to get home!!

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.