Thursday, January 01, 2009

Why Is Christmas Gone?

Why does Christmas have to go? You wait so long for it and then it disappears like yesterday's birthday cake.

Then when it gets to New Year's you have to take all the decorations down. It's really hard taking them down. You love them all but, then, the next thing you know, everything seems blank and empty.

Like our tree that we took the ornaments down from is complete empty now. All it is is a pine tree. But a real pine tree is more beautiful because God makes it and it has pine cones in it.

This is our poor tree. Look at it. It makes me want to cry.



But the good thing is--we get to bring it all out again next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KC all those things you mention are Christmas because you think they are Christmas. What really is Christmas is the annual celebration of receiving Jesus, who it seems was actually born in June. Celebration doesn't happen anywhere except in your head and your heart. If you feel Christmas everyday, it IS Christmas everyday.
Try it out.

When I lived in the frozen north, we used to put bird treats on the tree and put it outside so they could celebrate, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey,
You know Christmas wouldn't be so special if we celebrated it everyday.

I loved your Wii video, it looked like you had a fun Christmas. We played Wii Fit over the holidays and now I know how much exercise I need to be doing every day.

Give my love to your family, I'll try to stay in touch more often.
Love,
Cracker

Jane said...

Hi Judith and Cracker, thank you both for commenting. And Judith, did the birds enjoy the treats? And I didn't know that his real birthday is actually in June. Why do we celebrate it in December if it's sometime in June?

And Cracker, it is really good to hear from you again. I've missed hearing from you. Bye.

Anonymous said...

The ancient times priests who decided we should celebrate the birth of Christ did not have the means to figure out when he was born, so they chose a time when the pagans were already celebrating in order to keep Christians away from the pagan celebrations. Now we have the science to discover that the "star" was a very unusual phenomenon that actually happened in June. I think there is a report on BBC science about it.

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.