Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Monuments and Memorials

There are lots of memorials I have seen but in Washington D.C. I saw a lot of special ones.


This is the Lincoln Memorial. I didn't get to go up the stairs because it was blocked off and the line was long.


This one is the Washington Memorial. It's the biggest of all. You can see it from all around, every direction.--and every spot of the world.


This is the Vietnam War Memorial. It was really sad. It had a picture of the person and a piece of Trident gum. The Vietnam War Memorial had the names of all the Americans that died in the war. There were thousands and thousands of names on it. Maybe even a million.


This one's the Korean War Memorial. It has statues of people with rain parkas on and that are walking through a field.


This is the WWII Memorial. Each state of the United States has a pillar in this memorial. This is me standing by the California one.

A lot of men and women have died in wars so that our country can be free. We need to appreciate them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey,
Thanks for sharing these photos and your impressions of the Inauguration with us.
My brother who lives in San Diego served in the Navy during the Vietnam War.
My oldest brother who lives in Texas served in Air Force for the Korean War.
My father served in the Army for WWII.
This summer I will be visiting the War Memorials to our soldiers in the Normandy area of France.
Some day I hope to visit the places you did in Washington.
You are now an important part of American History.
Great job as a reporter!

Anonymous said...

Last comment was from chiaro

Jane said...

Wow, that's really something, Chiaro. I'm glad that I posted all the pictures because they were so important to you and your family.

Hope you have a good time in France.
Casey

barb cabot said...

Casey, I enjoyed all the before planning adventures and then loved when you were there and now with all the photos and explanations of your experience. I also loved your tv interview. You are a natural. I'll be seeing your grandma and grandpa this weekend. I wish I could see you too. Take care and keep blogging.

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.