Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Day

Yesterday after school when my grandparents picked me up, instead of going home we went to Julian to check out a campground that we might go to during Easter vacation. And to our surprise several times we went by little bits of snow. It got bigger and bigger and bigger until the whole place was covered in snow. My grandparents didn't know it was going to be there but I sort of did. We weren't prepared for it at all. I didn't have gloves and so my hands got cold. After a while they started burning.

I had a lot of fun in the snow. Papa and I had a snowball fight but gramma was just sitting in the car being a lump. And that's fact. I asked her to get out and she did once but then she said it was too cold and got back in the car. I love my gramma.



This is a picture of the beautiful snow when we first saw it.



This is a picture my gramma took when she was in the car.


Isn't that a beautiful picture?


Here's a picture of papa and me getting ready to do a snow ball fight.

The snow really reminded me of Italy when one day after school Camilla's family and mine went up to the mountain named San Michele and saw snow. That is a really good memory. All Italy memories are good.


P.S. My gramma's not really a lump. I really love her a lot.

10 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

You would love Wisconsin Casey. We have snow on the ground today and are expecting another snow storm on Tuesday and Wednesday. Last winter we had over 100 inches of snow. Some day you and your Gramma and Pappa will have to visit us.

Judith in Umbria said...

Guarda, KZ, da tre giorni abbiamo neve ogni mattina! Sparisce tra il giorno e torna tra la notte. Fa un freddo rigido qui, davvero.
Sto guardando fuori proprio adesso, alle 11:45, e c'è un pò di neve sulle coppe del tetto. Non tifo l'inverno pèer niente. Starei nella macchina con la nonna!

Jane said...

Grandma Kim, 100 inches of snow? I'd drown. Maybe I will meet you someday.I'd like to.

Judith, quanta neve c'é? Speriamo che il tetto non casca. Speriamo anche che ci vediamo prossimo estate.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
You taught me something today. I had to look up Julian, CA to find out how close that is to San Diego. I did not know there was snow so close to where you live.
Now, in my case, my front and backyards are full of the stuff!
I love spring, summer and fall up here in Canada.
chiaro

Jane said...

Dear Chiaro, I'd love the snow in Canada. Is it covered completely? Is there enough snow to make a snow fort? I'd like that. See ya, off to school early.

Chiocciola said...

Wow what great photos and what a great day! It sounded and looked like a lot of fun! I went skiing last weekend and it was fun. I had missed snow and skiing.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
Do you know how many inches you got?
Once we got 5 and a half inches here. Also, I'm sorry to say this but I do not like your new blog look.
I"m sorry!!!!
Also, I know Italian too!!!!
Do you know every Italian word?
But, I only know a little.
I had to learn it because my dad is Italian.
Also because we are going to move there in a cupple months.

Little P

Jane said...

Little P, who are you? Do I know you? Where do you live? What's your real name? Your whole name.

No, but I am fluent.

Where are you going to move it in Italy.

And why don't you like my new blog look?

Casey

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I don't like your new blog because I'm so use to the way it use to look. And yes you do know me!
I can't say how I am but I will tell you my first name anyway.
It's Sophia.
You have my email and I have yours.
Every once in a while we email.
I know I will get use to the your blog looks. But I don't hate it!
Soon I will get my own blog! I call myself Little P because my mom calls me that on her blog.
Also that is what I say when I give a commment on hers.
Anyway you never answered one of my questions.
How many inches did you get?
I also think that Little P sounds spooky and I like it that way!

Little P

Anonymous said...

Casey,
Me Little P again
I'm not moving to Italy i'm moving to Sicily.






Little P

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.