Saturday, February 02, 2008

What I Miss About Italy

I'm back home but I still miss Italy. These are the things I miss:
  • Signora Franca's lasagna
  • Signora Franca's pizza
  • Signora Franca's granddaughter--Camilla
  • Signora Franca's dogs--Pimpi and Lenticchia--Camilla's dogs
  • The street where I took walks
  • Being free to roam by myself
  • Gelato--I like after eight, puffo
  • EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeVvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee EeeeeeeeeRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyTtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiNnnnnnnnnnnnnGggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
  • Tommaso
  • David--Big Statue in Florence
  • Carlotta
  • Silvia
  • Francesca
  • And all my other friends that were in my class
  • La Cantinetta di Rignana
  • The piazza
  • Bruno and his bread that he gave me everytime I went in his store
  • Oreste
  • The Grog Shop
  • Snoopy's
  • Sara and Sara's Dad
  • Crystal hunting
  • Playing with Pimpi and Lenticchia
  • Playing with my sister Camilla whom I really, really miss
  • Making a tent and doing our homework together and then watching a movie
  • Merenda
  • Valentina
  • My teachers
  • Good school lunches--yeah!
  • Snow--one day in spring
  • The sunrise and the views
  • Our apartment
  • All our trips to places in Italy
  • Sofia
  • Nico
  • Siena--the Palio
  • Il Portico in the piazza--yummy, yummy lasagna
  • Judith
  • Giulia
But I get to back in 4 months for 2 months--I can't wait.


My Classmates and teachers in Greve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey, I've been reading your blog from the beginning. Your post today "What I Miss About Italy" touched my heart. I loved reading about all your adventures when you were in Italy and hearing about all the people who became your friends. Today reminded me that so many people in Italy are waiting for you to return. You will have a wonderful time there this summer. I'm so excited for you. It's something big to look forward to isn't it? Well I just wanted to finally say hi to you and to let you know you have an audience of readers who love to look at your blog. I am a friend of your grandma's (I think she is just the best on earth!). I will be in Savannah and am looking forward to finally meeting you. My name is Barb Cabot. Have fun everyday. You sure are growing up fast!

Anonymous said...

Casey,

What a nice post... Whenever I miss something I try to tell myself that it is better to have had something and then miss it, than to not have had it at all. But it is still hard!! I bet you will have a great time when you go back in the summer. And I am sure your friends in Italy miss you just as much as you miss them.

Jane said...

Dear bcwired and snail (chiocciola),
Thank you for reading my blog. Do you guys have blogs? Where are you from? Yes, my grandma is the best.

When you go to Italy, bcwired, can you go to Fattoria Viticcio and see Camilla?

Gotta go--bye.
KZ

Anonymous said...

Casey, very cool - you are one of the few that knows that chiocciola means snail! It shows that you know A LOT of Italian!

Yes, I do have a blog, it is linked to Slow Travel and the address is: www.slowtrav.com/blog/chiocciola

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.