Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Friend Valentina

Valentina was my tutor, my friend and my big sister. She is my big sister because she calls me her little brother. The reason I learned Italian so good and did so well in school in Greve was because of Valentina, or should I say my "big sister."


This is Valentina and me studying.

She came two times a week and she was a good teacher. In Italy we have a lot of homework to do and gramma and papa couldn't help me so I had to have a tutor and one of my teachers, Maestra Annamarie, recommended Valentina for a good tutor. And now, I speak very good Italian. Gramma just put on Craig's List for a tutor here.

I really liked her because when we were working we had fun. We laughed a lot. She helped me with the language (lingua) , science (scienze), math (matematica), geography (geografia), history (storia) and everything else.

One time she took me inside the ambulance to look at it. She was a volunteer ambulance driver. But now she works for the Red Cross.

The last week with her she took us out to dinner. Her boyfriend was with her--named Ricardo. She took us to a restaurant called Malborghetto which means "bad borgo." Borgo means little village. It's called Malborghetto because a long time ago bad guys used to hide in the little village. This was in the Renaissance times when Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo were alive and they were painting.


This is the restaurant with Valentina and Ricardo in the picture.

Across from the restaurant was a park where I got several mosquito (zanzare) bites.

I miss her. But the good thing is that next summer I am going to see her again. I hope I get a good tutor here--just like Valentina.


This is me with Ricardo and Valentina.

I MISS YOU VALENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...Casey,
manchi anche a me!!! Ricorda che non è solo merito mio se hai imparato l'italiano,hai studiato tanto e questo è il risultato. Sono molto fiera di te!!!
Un bacione grande dalla tua sorellona italiana

Valentina

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.