Sunday, January 17, 2010

LEGO MANIA

Every Christmas, my uncle and I don't think it''s the same without getting a Lego. Even though my Uncle is a grown man, he really likes Legos. Each year we get one for him that has more and more pieces. Same thing with me because I'm getting better with legos.

Uncle Jeff opening his Lego--Can you tell how surprised he is?

I usually like to build my own. My specialty in my own buildings are usually airships or planes. I've even invented new transforming legos.

This year I got a 1624 piece Volkswagon Beetle. It's sort of special because my family plays the "slug bug" game. If you don't know what that is, every time you see a Volkswagon Beetle you get to hit someone if you're the first person to see it.

I wanted to start on it as soon as I could so two days after Christmas, I started to build it. It took me a while and through it I had some difficulties with pieces that were not there. I had to substitute pieces that I ended up not needing.

This was a good test for me because usually when I get frustrated I have a hard time. But doing this one I was able to keep going and finish my quest of making the lego.

When I was finished it looked like this.


Two weeks after I finished it, my grandpa pulled a joke on me and said that he had dropped it on the way to putting it in my room and broke it. But he didn't. I really did not think it was a good joke. My gramma didn't think it was funny either. My grandpa's always telling jokes (most of the time they're not even funny) but this one was really up there in not being funny.

I wonder what "Lego Santa" will bring next year.

See ya..

2 comments:

nancyhol said...

Wow! Your VW Beetle is beautiful! I had no idea that you can make that kind of stuff out of Legos.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Sophia said...

Dang!!! You are really good! I wish I could be as good as you are. All I can make out of those things is a Castle and that's not exciting...
Do you have a wii? I got one for Christmas and I have been playing it since...
E-MAIL ME!!!

KZ in TOSCANA (or KC in So. Cal.)


WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy it. And I really, really like reading comments.

Do you see "Some of my Blog Followers" at the top of the sidebar? You can sign up as one of my blog followers, too. Just click on the Follow link above the pictures and then follow the directions. I think you need to have a blogger blog or gmail to do it. Try and see.